Losing your Mojo isn’t just for Austin Powers
It’s really not. Mine’s been running from me for about a week now due to a number of factors, including but not limited to:
- Getting sick
- Getting sicker
- Still being sick and having to see an actual doctor
- Having said doctor write me a prescription for an ear infection and tell me to buy a drug which has Pseudophedrine in it
- Having to sign my life away and promise not to start a meth lab with my $30 box of Pseudophedrine
- Taking my non-meth producing decongestant and an antibiotic that makes me smell weird (um … TMI?)
- Burning my finger while attempting to make blueberry pancakes for my kids … while still being on said medicines … and still being sick.
You see the cascade effect here? The domino effect? What’s that all do to me, the go-go-go girl who never stops?
Oh yeah, life comes to a screeching halt.
- When my eyes hurt, I can’t spend a lot of time in front of my computer
- When I can’t be in front of my computer, I can’t write
- When I can’t write, I want to read
- When my eyes hurt, I can’t read either (cyclical problem??)
- When I can’t read, I have nothing to do except …well … try to be a Mom who likes to make breakfast for her kids.
- Refer to bullet point 7 in the previous list
And therefore, I lose my mojo.
You see, when I’m sick, the world comes crashing to a halt … to an end for me. I HATE being sick. I’m rarely sick (knock on wood … oh, wait … my desk might only be particle board — does that count? ergh…)
When I do get sick … it’s either really bad or lasts a really long time.
Tada! That’s me.
Now, I’m hoping I don’t wake up from this little nightmare of a week and have to pee like Austin did …
Probably not appropriate for kids under 50, but still funny … –> Austin Power’s Evacuation Complete scene on YouTube
In any case, that’s me these days … slow on the uptake, trying to get over having one-half of my hearing marred by some fluid behind my eardrum and attempting to do all the other ‘stuff’ I do in a day without forgetting to
- take my happy meds
- NOT start a meth lab
- avoid burning my finger
- carry on with the fun of life
Here’s to health and well being for everyone … yup … everyone!
Enjoy the end of August, the end of summer and the start of the cool season (at least here in good ‘ole North Carolina), and to getting my mojo back.
Don’t let me be the only one in this situation … Have you lost your mojo? Perhaps only your marbles?
Share in the comments! It’s cathartic to let it out!